After about the age of 30, our aging process starts to kick in. Our hormones start to change, fluctuate, and decline. The process is different for everyone based on genetics and environmental factors, and men and women have different life phases impacting their hormones, health, and aging process. One common goal for people is to find ways to slow the aging process, feel younger, be healthier, and have more energy. The good news is that there are ways to naturally slow the aging process. One hormone key to this is Human Growth Hormone (HGH).
Wait! Isn’t Human Growth Hormone (HGH) a banned substance? Isn’t this what some athletes are caught using? Yes, but that is the synthetic, injectable kind. HGH is also a hormone produced naturally by everyone.
Human Growth hormone (HGH) is a protein made by the pituitary gland and secreted into the bloodstream by everyone. HGH production is controlled by a complex set of hormones produced in the hypothalamus of the brain and in the intestinal tract and pancreas. It is completely natural. The pituitary puts out HGH in bursts – with levels rising following exercise, trauma (injury), and during sleep. Under normal conditions, more HGH is produced at night than during the day.
Okay, so HGH is natural, but how does it impact my health and longevity?
Benefits of Human Growth Hormone
- Increased Lean Mass (muscle, bone density, connective tissue) – HGH increases protein production and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1)
- Decreased Fat Mass – HGH promotes the utilization of fat as energy
- Improve injury recovery – HGH increases protein production and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1)
Well, that sound awesome. So how do I naturally increase and maintain my HGH levels as I age? The good news is that it is the same as with many other natural health remedies – Diet, Exercise, and Sleep! The hard part is making these “good” decisions consistently while living in an American society that constantly pressures you to make “bad” choices. Stay strong people!!!
Natural Ways to Increase Your Human Growth Hormone
Diet – Eating a well-balanced whole food diet is the solution to many health-related issues. That means eating lean protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and limiting the sugary, processed, junk food. The key as it relates to HGH is insulin. HGH production decreases as insulin levels increase. This means there are some tools you can employ to help increase HGH; especially during the times you know it will be elevated naturally.
- Intermittent Fasting has shown to help increase HGH production by helping control insulin response and levels. To Intermittent Fast, you should eat during an 8-hour window and fast for the other 16 hours. For example, eat between the hours of 12-8pm and fast the rest of the time. Total calories per day should stay the same; this is not a calorie cutting diet!
- Don’t eat 2 hours before bed. Since insulin impacts HGH production, not eating before bed will lead to lower levels of insulin during your sleep – the time when HGH levels are highest. If you are intermittent fasting, this one is covered automatically!
- Decrease sugar consumption – by lowering your insulin spiking foods (sugar, junk food, etc…) your body will be able to produce HGH at higher levels!
- Exercise; especially High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) – HGH levels increase after all exercise and increase the most after HIIT training and weight training. So, hit the weights and make sure the intensity is high!
- Sleep – get 7-10 hours of restful sleep. HGH levels are highest during restful sleep. Make sure your room is set up to promote sleep by making sure the temperature is not too high or too low, the room is dark (no night lights; especially blue lights!), no TV watching from your bed, and that you are relaxed.
Human Growth Hormone is an important hormone for your overall health, performance, and longevity. Diet, exercise, and sleep play huge rolls in increasing and maintaining good levels as we age. Plus, making these healthy choices will positively impact other health related hormones, lead to better body composition, and ward off disease.
You got this!!!
By: Duke Armstrong, co-Founder & CEO of Propello Life
BOOST YOUR WORKOUTS WITH OUR NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS & SAVE 20% NOW USING DISCOUNT CODE: NATURALHGH