These donuts are so good they might need to come with a warning label! The recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and so good you will forget they are baked and packed with protein!
Give this gluten free protein donut recipe a try and let us know what flavor you like best.
PROTEIN DONUTS INGREDIENTS:
- 2/3 cup gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour (or regular all purpose flour)
- 1 scoop Propello Life Vegan Protein (flavor: Spiced Vanilla)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional Toppings:
- Vanilla icing & Sprinkles: we used Miss Jones Baking Organic Buttercream Frosting
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Maple glaze
- and more!
Prep Time: under 5-10 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Plus cooling time and toppings
Makes 8-12 donuts!
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Lightly grease donut pan with olive oil
- Add dry ingredients (flour, plant based protein powder, baking soda, and salt) to a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add wet ingredients (maple syrup, coconut oil, almond mil, egg, and vanilla extract) to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth - be careful there are no clumps and not to over mix.
- Add the donut batter to a piping bag. If you do not have a piping bag, you can use a large Ziplock bag with the corner cut out.
- Pipe the donut batter into the donut tray cavities and fill to about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until done.
- Let the donuts cool in the tray and then remove.
- Optional: add any toppings you would like to have: icing, sprinkles, cinnamon sugar, etc...be creative!